IT Operations Administrator
- 12-Feb-2013 to 30-Apr-2013
- - Information Technology
- las Vegas, NV, USA
- Full Time
IT Ops Support Administrator Jr is responsible for first level support of all fulfillment technology systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Configure and maintain all IT related devices and inventory in fulfillment, including, but not limited to, workstations, network devices, pick lights, inline scanners, and line controllers
• Maintain network devices in fulfillment, including scanners, printers, and workstations
• Monitor all IT related inventories in distribution, including print cartridges, print stock (such as receiving labels), and maintenance kits
• Provide IT support to fulfillment center, generally during nights and weekends
• Effectively communicate with hardware and software providers to ensure support in the post go-live environment
• Assist with Call Center related issues
• Assist other Team members with duties as directed by Team Lead/Director.
• Effectively communicate with fulfillment personnel
• Perform daily data verification to ensure all warehouse systems are in sync and data is properly maintained, including inventory and order related transactions
• Provide front line support for WMS and WCS solutions deployed in the fulfillment center
• Execute SQL scripts and perform data analysis on resulting data
• Collaborate with IT Operations Business Analysts to enhance existing systems and develop and test new systems designed to improve operations within the distribution center
• Working knowledge of basic networking protocol, including wireless security
• Expertise with Windows desktop support
• Familiarity with SQL Server scripts and ad hoc queries
• Wireless and Wired network support of Cisco Devices
• Experience or knowledge of Virtualization platforms such as VMware a plus
• Experience or knowledge of Virtualization platforms such as VMware VDI a plus
• Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
• Windows Desktop Operating systems
• Windows Office
• Wyse Thin Clients
Complexity of Work: Moderately routine, general policies applied. Some decision making required.
High school diploma
1 – 3 years technical support experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and office management
• Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar and math
• Considerable knowledge of computer, media, phone, peripheral office equipment and word processing software such as MS Office, etc
• Skill in handling multiple tasks at one time and able to prioritize accordingly
• Skill in dealing with difficult clients or customers
• Skill in conflict resolution
• Ability to keep accurate records
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently on complex and confidential tasks
• Ability to handle stressful situations
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, contacts, public, etc.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, frequently talk or hear, reach with hands and arms occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision.