- 03-May-2013 to 26-Jun-2013
- Boca Raton, FL, USA
- Full Time
Summary: The Sourcing Manager will work under the Category Managers leadership for their assigned categories to help drive the category's growth and profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to, sourcing of new products through industry research; customer requests, line extensions, and benchmark site analysis, as well as Product Management. Requires in-depth knowledge of vitamins and health supplements.
1. Responsible for the sourcing of new products through industry research, customer requests, and benchmark analysis
• Price analysis based of benchmark sites
• Obtaining Sales Velocity from vendors
• Responsible for benchmark sit e review such as new brands and benchmark site promos
2. Responsible for sourcing new line extensions from existing brands
• Responsible for obtaining up-to-date product/pricing listing
3. Responsible for vendor management, negotiations, and contracts (MAP POLICIES, Co-Op)
• Responsible for negotiating initial payment terms an d pricing structures and discounts
• Responsible for understanding sales trends on vendors within assigned categories
• Responsible for researching other secondary vendors for primary products
• Responsible for maintaining all documents related to new vendor forms, applications, policies and contracts
4. Responsible for being able to identify inventory turns on a SKU, brand and category levels
5. Responsible for managing and identifying slow movers, out of stock issues and products to be discontinued
6. Responsible for vendor driven promotions and deals
• Responsible for identifying line drives and buy-in opportunities
7. Responsible for setting up products in AX and identifying proper categorization
8. Responsible for ensuring SEM keywords are in place
Complexity of Work: The ideal candidate will be deadline focused, detail oriented, well organized and self-motivated along with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and manage time efficiently.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 2+ years of work experience in e-commerce, sourcing, consumer packaged goods, retail planning or buying.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar and math.
• Skill in handling multiple tasks at one time and able to prioritize accordingly.
• Skill in dealing with difficult clients or customers.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work independently on complex and confidential tasks.
• Ability to handle stressful situations.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, frequently talk or hear, reach with hands and arms occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision.