- 21-Dec-2012 to 19-Feb-2013
- Information Technology
- Boca Raton, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Job Title: Quality Assurance Analyst
- Location: Boca Raton, Florida
- Reports to: Director of Quality Assurance & Release Management
- Compensation: Competitive base salary, bonus and benefits
About Vitacost: Vitacost.com, Inc. (Nasdaq:VITC) is a leading online retailer of health and wellness products, including dietary supplements such as vitamins, minerals, herbs as well as cosmetics, organic body and personal care products, pet products, sports nutrition and health foods. Vitacost.com, Inc. strives to offer its customers the broadest selection of healthy living products, while providing superior customer service and timely and accurate delivery.
We are seeking an experienced, energetic Software Quality Assurance Analyst who is passionate about delivering the highest quality software experience to our internal and external customers. You will be working closely with developers in a primarily Microsoft Environment. You are comfortable working with offshore teams. You are a leader - not a follower. You take complete ownership for your work and that of your teams. You live and breathe customer satisfaction (both internal and external). You are a collaborator and like fast-paced, transformational environments!
- Establish and maintain expert knowledge of Web/ERP products and services.
- Design and execute all assigned Web/ERP test plans and compile documented results.
- Evaluate and test software programs to verify programs function according to user requirements.
- Work closely with internal customers to ensure their requests are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Create and maintain all assigned project defect databases.
- Establish, maintain, and distribute testing and defect metrics for your team.
- Work with project managers to embed QA standards and accountability into all project plans.
- Partner with customer support to ensure customer complaints and help tickets are addressed.
- Drive performance and accountability of your team using meaningful metrics and reports that result in consistently raising the bar.
- Setup and maintain testing hardware/software environments spanning multiple platforms, browsers, and other variables.
- Assist in the planning and execution of automated testing.
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years software testing experience a must.
- SQL experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Windows operating system. Macintosh a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills among technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Desire to be part of an agile software development team.
- High level of energy, capable of generating enthusiasm and motivating others.
- Excellent creative problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a high-energy environment and make informed real-time decisions based on business priorities.