- 06-Nov-2012 to 01-Jan-2013
- - Marketing
- Boca Raton, FL, USA
- Full Time
Summary: The Category Manager is responsible for the demand, customer experience and business management of a particular Vitacost.com category (or a group of categories). The Category Manager will apply their analytical skills and business expertise to take ownership of this business and drive its growth and profitability. He/she must have the business depth to interface with executives and build successful relationships with partners across functions (e.g. buying, operations, technical and finance teams). A successful candidate has a proven ability to grow customer base, measure customer behavior, improve customer experience, and optimize traffic flow and conversion and influence plans and priorities across business organizations. Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to use customer data in smart and groundbreaking ways are essential to succeed in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Define a long-term category roadmap, including marketing, business development and strategic initiatives.
• Conduct competitor, customer, business and financial analysis, including monitoring, forecasting and reporting.
• Identify our most attractive/ profitable customers and help drive new customer acquisition.
• Manage the product line life cycle for driving growth'from strategic planning to tactical execution.
• Measure business success by developing and analyzing a core set of KPIs including business metrics, traffic analysis, customer behavior and conversion.
• Identify and drive site enhancements and new feature development to drive business growth.
• Develop a marketing calendar for the category by working cross functionally with the marketing and buying department.
• Work with the marketing team to promote the category across the website, social and mobile platforms
• Assist in the development of key business development and partnerships to expand the amount of traffic exposed to the category.
• Work closely with the site, email, social, mobile, SEM and SEO teams to optimize the paid and organic traffic for the category.
Complexity of Work: The ideal candidate will be deadline focused, detail oriented, well organized and self-motivated along with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and manage time efficiently.
Education: Bachelor's Degree Marketing, Economics, Math, Statistics or Psychology
Experience: 7-10 years as a merchandizing, marketing or business manager in a B2C company with a strong online presence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience developing and managing an online experience
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills
• Highly collaborative working style
• Highly creative and detailed oriented
• Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar and math.
• Skill in handling multiple tasks at one time and able to prioritize accordingly.
• Skill in dealing with difficult clients or customers.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work independently on complex and confidential tasks.
• Ability to handle stressful situations.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, frequently talk or hear, reach with hands and arms occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision.