- 01-Nov-2012 to 01-Mar-2013
- Information Technology
- Boca Raton, FL, USA
- Full Time
Vitacost.com, a fast paced, international dot-com company headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida is looking for an energetic Business Analyst. While we also have two other locations in North Carolina and Nevada, you must be available to interview and work in Boca Raton's beautiful ocean-side community between West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale. The IT department is comprised of approximately 50 service-oriented professionals managing the web sites, fulfillment systems/solutions, call center technologies, back office systems, networks, etc. We are transforming the department and you can be an early influencer of the new and exciting culture we are building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Acts as the liaison between business units and IT departments.
• Completes business cases in support of projects.
• Participates in or facilitates business process modeling and research efforts.
• Acts as a consultant and reviews all documents on project teams.
• Makes recommendations for product enhancements.
• Gathering, Technical and Non-technical Specifications, and assisting the Development team with related tasks and communicate business requirements and ensure that functional designs meet the business requirements.
• Works under supervision of Network Project Manager.
• Determine business objectives and gather user requirements for in-house developed ERP system and other applications.
• Document requirements and translate into user and technical specifications.
• Document requirements related to system interfaces.
• Create Use Cases related to requirements.
• Determine timeline estimates and scope related to specifications.
• Apply SOX, PCI and other industry standards to requirements where applicable.
• Write user documentation.
Complexity of Work: Moderately routine, general policies applied. Some decision-making required.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in IT or Finance; MBA preferred
Experience: 5 + years of experience in full life cycle projects as a Business Analyst.